Followers

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Breaking Free

I was able to attend and perform at a poetry slam April 3rd in Hartford and it was a complete rush. I absolutly loved and maybe I wasn't as strong as some of the other AMAZING poets out there. The high of standing in the spotlight was ridiculous. First round I got a 26.7, able to make it to the second round of only eight competitors. There were twenty two in the first round. I came in fifth the first round. Also, Sheehan basically dominated the entire competition. I have no idea my placing in the last round because I left right after to go to work. Well it happens. If anyone out there is every interested in this, do it. Don't hesitate because it is worth every second, every syllable.
Here is a line of something I am working on now:
"Because i am a reflection of the girl who wants to dream, the girl who wants to break out of this world and scream victory finally, save me from this misery"

2 comments:

  1. did u love it?? i never knew you were into poetry! thats soo cool. i use to when i was in h.s. but..i feel like i have nothing to write about these days. :o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you can deff write about becoming the YOUTUBE celeb. But I love it. It is so much fun. I guess I just have a lot to say

    ReplyDelete